Monday, May 8, 2017

Squiggles and Wiggles

Yesterday there were a few people interested in my squiggle and wiggle quilting on the Spiderman quilt. Here is a drawing from my white board to help you better understand how to execute it.
  

When doing this on a quilt I try to keep my lines 3/4" apart, but, that will vary depending where you are at. Don't stress over it as it will all blend in at the end anyway.  If you visualize a topographical map it may also help you stitch this out.  So just start stitching making some squiggles and wiggles and through in a swirl with a rounded end and work your way back out echoing as you go.  You may echo as much as you want before starting a new path. I love stitching this out as it is very forgiving and free flowing and the texture it leaves is amazing!

Hope this helps, if you have any questions just leave me a comment and make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can get back to you.

Our visitor on Friday night, strutting his stuff right in the front yard-there was a lady nearby that he was trying to impress.

Isn't he beautiful!  The blue on his head was just stunning in person.

Today I am getting ready for a little quilt retreat with a blog friend at my house this week! See ya soon Wendy!!  I'll share more with all of you later this week :)

Linking with a few of the early in the week linky parties.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the squiggles and wiggles design. Sometimes it just helps to see something drawn out so you can retrace the lines. And my oh my it looks like your visitor is all dressed up for a hot date :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at your quilting retreat this week. Your visitor is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a handsome dude. I hope she was suitably impressed! My bags are (almost) packed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I woke up this morning thinking about the wiggles and squiggles! How funny to then see my mind's eye image on my computer :) I've decided I'm going to use it on the very next quilt in my WIP pile, which is a horse-themed one for Camp Hobe.

    Turkeys don't get enough credit for being showy. That tail is marvelous! I hope his lady was impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that pattern & you make it look easy...thanks!
    Loved the close-up of your visiting turkey...magnificent creature. I don't think I've ever seen one in person, honestly.

    Have a wonderful time with your sewing friends...the best kind!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! Wow - what a spectacular turkey, and in your front yard! Thank you for sharing your wiggles and squiggles - using a white board is a fabulous idea. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, I saw that guy nearby our home yesterday! Love your squiggle diagram. Have a fun retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Vicki for sharing this FMQ.........I will be using this and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG -- you got a full on tail feathers spread pic of a turkey. This one looks magnificent. The squiggle diagram is great. I'd love to see your "board" of a plain stipple. Yea for a retreat of sorts. I'm looking forward to my retreat next week. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your squiggles and wiggles quilting it's so fun and very effective. How clever to use a whiteboard. The turkey is beautiful, I can't imagine how they end up on the dinner plate. Enjoy your quilt retreat.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html