Monday, November 6, 2017

Star, geese and a critter

This is the first time I have made this star table topper. Love how it came out, but it sure is big at 36".  The pattern, by Far-Flung Quilts, is also for a tree skirt at 44".  It came together pretty quickly once I set my mind on what fabrics I wanted to use.  I kept the quilting simple to let the star shine through.

When it came time to bind it I found some cute stripe in just the right color in my stash.


I fell behind in getting my October project done for Island Batik, so today I dedicated all afternoon to it.  Making great progress.  Can you guess what these parts will become?  I am hoping to get at the quilting on it tomorrow after finishing up the last border, so check back soon!  The challenge is for Borders and Bindings.

As I was working on the above project, I glanced out the window into the backyard and here was this guy.  When I first saw him he was only 12 feet from the house, right in the corner by the deck.  Then he decided he needed a drink so he moved out 5 feet to the birdbath.  You can still see the deck in the bottom of the picture.



Have a great inspiring week everyone!

Linking with MCM, Monday Making, Move it Forward Monday and Linky Tuesday

17 comments:

  1. Cool visitor! Love the choices you made on the table topper. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bird bath, deer water hole it's all in perspective :) Love the table topper. All those star points look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    WOWEE - I swear that buck knows it is not quite deer hunting season yet. It always seems like they kind of flaunt themselves right before the season starts. AND I LOVE the table topper! So pretty. How did you ever have time for that finish? Ooh, a tease for the October border and binding challenge. You know I can't wait to see what they grow up to be. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty star, but the buck takes the prize! Such an awesome visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great table topper! Your fabric choices look great in this design. So nice that you have a place for the deer to quench his thirst! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics and shades you used for the topper, so pretty. What a wonderful visitor, and such a treat. Great you were able to snap the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous star!!! Lovin' it. And that was quite the visitor you had, antlers and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that table topper is stunning! The striped border is perfect (it actually looks like blanket stitching, kinda, or maybe I just need more coffee - haha). I think that young buck knows your backyard is a safe haven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That big 36" star will be perfect in the middle of a big, round table! I love that the colors would work for autumn and Christmas. The muted red makes all the difference. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vicki...I love it!! That cranberry red, accented with the golds & green is just lovely. Well done!!

    p.s. My nephew shot a 10 point buck with bow & arrow this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful table topper! Great photo of your visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful table topper. Your colour choices really give the design dimension. It should fit nicely on a round kitchen/dining table. I love your visitor :) I'll keep watching for your Island Batik project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That table topper is gorgeous. I love how your colors blend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table topper is fabulous! And what a fun visitor you had.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that star - such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That topper is great, and your turkey for IB turned out awesome (saw that too in my email!) Miss seeing the deer up close and personal like we always did in Alberta.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html